خبری مهم از لبنان!

Share Button


مفتی اعظم لبنان شیخ محمد قبانی بدنبال پرداخت سهم ۳۳ میلیون دلاری لبنان به دادگاه ویژه، به نخست وزیر لبنان میقاتی تلفنی ضمن تبریک به وی گفت که وی لبنان را از مهلکه یک تشنج سیاسی داخلی نجات داد.
المستقبل نیز در بیانیه ای اعلام کرد:« تصمیم نجیب میقاتی نخست وزیر در پرداخت سهم سالیانه دادگاه ویژه گامی در جهت درست بود»…«با این اقدام تمامی کابینه و در رأس آن حزب الله اهمیت و مشروعیت دادگاه ویژه را برسمیت شناختند»… المستقبل در بیانیه خود به این مناسبت میگوید:« این اقدام که در جهت عدالت و ثبات کشور است باید گامی در راه برگزاری یک دادگاه عادلانه برای متهمین به ترور باشد.»

کامنت: حزب الله اینک راهی جز نوشیدن بقیه جام را تا به آخر ندارد. یعنی تحویل اعضای خود به دادگاه و یا بیرون رفتن از دولت و شمشیر کشیدن بروی تمام لبنان
متآسفانه درمسافرتم و امکان ترجمه کامل مطلب و تفسیر بیشتر قضیه نیست. ولی همینقدر میگویم که این حرکت یک ضربه خُرد کننده برای حزب الله است و ضربه های دیگر در راهست.

Mustaqbal Lauds STL Funds Payment, Calls for Handing Over S/uspects
by Naharnet Newsdesk

Prime Minister Najib Miqati’s decision on Wednesday to transfer Lebanon’s annual share of funds to the U.N.-backed Special Tribunal for Lebanon is “a step in the right direction,” the Mustaqbal Movement said.
The step is “an inevitable result of the struggle of the Lebanese for the sake of (establishing) the tribunal, fulfilling justice … and holding accountable the murderers in the assassination and terror crimes that targeted the national and political leaders,” the movement said in a statement.
By taking “this measure, all the members of the government, topped by Hizbullah, have acknowledged the importance of the tribunal, which we want it to be a path towards securing the prerequisites of stability in the country and conducting a fair and transparent trial of the accused,” the movement added.
But it called on Hizbullah, “after it provided a cover for funding the tribunal,” to complete the step by “handing over the four (members) accused (by the STL) of involvement in the (2005) assassination of martyr premier Rafik Hariri.”
Only then can Lebanon “transit to a stage during which it would be protected from the looing dangers,” Mustaqbal said, adding that “a new era of openness and joint national action can be launched” should Hizbullah heed the call.
“My insistence on funding the STL emanates from my keenness on protecting Lebanon, the people, the army and the resistance,” Miqati said earlier on Wednesday.
“I transferred Lebanon’s share from the STL funding this morning,” he announced, saying that he believes in achieving the truth and justice in ex-PM Hariri’s assassination.
The payment of Lebanon’s share also came out of his commitment to Lebanon’s international obligations and his keenness to preserve the country’s stability, he said.
“The funding is not a victory for one team over the other,” Miqati said.
Miqati dubbed his move as a “national decision aimed at safeguarding Lebanon” and steering it clear of “tough experiences.”
He was referring to Western warnings that the U.N. could impose sanctions on Lebanon if it failed to fund the STL.
The prime minister also called for the speedy resumption of the National Dialogue at Baabda palace to find common ground among the Lebanese and “build bridges of mutual trust.”
He urged the cabinet ministers “to consider today a new start for the government work” and consolidate the performance of their ministries.
Miqati’s announcement came shortly after postponing a crucuial cabinet session aimed at discussing the funding of the STL.
Last week, the prime minister threatened to resign if the cabinet failed to approve the payment of Lebanon’s annual 49 percent share of funds to the STL, around $33 million.
Ministerial sources later on Wednesday told LBC television that Miqati funded the tribunal from the premiership budget.
They explained that the prime minister took it upon himself to fund it after the deadline for the funding had ended.
They stressed that his action was coordinated by all the parties, both directly and indirectly.
Meanwhile, Information Minister Walid al-Daouq confirmed to MTV that the funding took place from the premiership budget
……………….

Qabbani Congratulates Miqati on STL Funding: He Saved Lebanon from Severe Disputes 0
comments 0
like
Share on Facebook TwitterDiggGoogle buzzSend to friendby Naharnet Newsdesk 4 hours agoGrand Mufti Sheikh Mohammed Rashid Qabbani congratulated on Wednesday Prime Minister Najib Miqati for funding the Special Tribunal for Lebanon.

He told the premier in a telephone call: “The decision he made saved Lebanon and the Lebanese from severe disputes.”

“His decision stemmed from the desire to achieve justice and uncover who killed former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri,” he added.

For his part, Miqati told the Mufti that he made the decision out of his commitment to Islamic and national principles.

The premier announced on Wednesday that he had transferred funds from Lebanon to the STL in fulfillment of the country’s obligation to provide 49 percent of the tribunal budget.

The issue of the funding had created major disputes among the March 8 and 14 camps, with the former opposing the matter and the latter insisting that Lebanon commit to its international commitments to avoid international sanctions.

 

No Comments